Myself and a friend planned to produce a Let’s play of the amazing game Bushido Blade. We recorded an episode but the footage turned out to be pretty useless. I did however create an intro for it that I am pretty proud of.
I also created a pretty rubbish first draft animation.
As part of my MSc, I was required to write a multiplayer version of Asteroids. I implemented the game in C#, using Farseer for physics and lidgren for networking. All the assets were generated in Blender 3D.
Many years ago I planned to create the ultimate zombie survival game. I filled several notebooks with plans for how I was going to create it. Eventually, I decided to sit down and design, program and release the game. It took me 4 months. I programmed my own map editor in Java, wrote the game engine, generated all the art assets and ultimately released it over those 4 months. Looking back, the code is amateur and might as well be written in crayon but I am proud that I actually released it.
The game can be downloaded for Android here, it used to cost 75 cent but I made it free once I made back the €300 or so that it cost to make.
Here are two videos of it:
Here is a gallery of images that I captured during its production:
A few years ago, I attended the Dublin Gamecraft event with a friend of mine. Two words were selected from a hat and everyone had to make a game based on those words. The words selected were Dinosaur and Angst so we created Freudian Dinosaur Catastrophe in just under 8 hours. The Pygame engine was used despite both of us having next to no experience in it. The map was created in Paint.net with each pixel representing a tile (red = spikes, black = ground, etc). The objective of the game was to outrun the scrolling world while navigating spikes. The dinosaur really represents some sort of personal crisis the protagonist is experiencing and instead of picking up health, you pick up alcohol.
As part of my MSc course, we were required to make a game of our choice. I made a sort of horror themed first person game called Space BeTrail (deliberate spelling). Below you can see videos I created at each stage of making the game.
As part of my MSc, I implemented a cartoon hair animation and rendering system. I used OGRE for the rendering engine due to its very nice compositing system and the physics were implemented using Bullet Physics. Below you can see a series of youtube videos that documented my progress towards the final system. The thesis itself can be downloaded from here.